Marble

snowdogs header

Marble, a city in Greenway Township, sections 16-20, was incorporated as a village on April 20, 1909. The first homestead claim was in 1888 by Albert F. Gross of Duluth, which became the Gross-Marble Mining Company property; the village was enlarged in 1908 by the Oliver Mining Company, at which time 20 of its 80 acres were reserved for a public park. The post office began in 1908.